Putting a donation button on your website gives your audience a quick and easy way to support you with funding. While a lot of non-profits make use of donation buttons, it can be helpful to for-profit companies as well. Some companies use donation buttons to help with the cost of running their website and some use donation buttons to fund specific projects or expansions. If you’d like to know how to install a PayPal donation button on your website, take a look at our easy step by step directions below.
Add PayPal Button Manually in WordPress
The first way to add a PayPal Button is to manually insert one into your web page via an html code.
- Log in to your PayPal account
- Go to Tools on the menu item – Seller Preferences
3. On the PayPal buttons, click Get Started
4. On the next page, customize the settings of how you would like the PayPal Donations button to appear.
5. On the dropdown, select Donations and choose the currency, specific amount etc.
6. Lastly, after customizing the PayPal Donations button, click Create Button.
7. After you click Create Button, you will be redirected to a new page where you will receive the PayPal Donations button Code.
8. Click Email Tab.
9. Copy-paste the URL in your online notes.
10. Select Code.
11. Go back to your WordPress admin page that you are creating. Make sure you are on “Text Editor” mode.
12. This is the most crucial part. On the code below, replace or change “Your Email URL that you’ve got from PayPal” – the one that you pasted on your notepad.
After you complete these steps you should see the donation button appear on the webpage. To double check your work, click the “preview” button in the upper right.
PayPal Donations Plugin
The second way to install a PayPal button is to find and download a plugin for your WordPress site.
- Search for the plugin PayPal Donation Buttons on the WordPress plugin directory
- Install and activate the plugin
- Configure the plugin by going into the Settings area right after you activate it, simply add your PayPal email on the box that says PayPal Account.
- Select what currency would apply.
At this stage you’ll notice an option to input the URL of a page you want people directed to once they’ve sent their donations. You’ll also notice a couple different button styles you can choose from. Once you’ve updated the settings, be sure to save the changes.
If you want to put the PayPal donation button on any of your pages/posts, you can just use the PayPal-donation short code or go to your admin dashboard and head over to “Appearance” then to “Widgets” and then drag the PayPal donations button to the side bar.
And those are the two easiest ways to add a PayPal donation button to your WordPress account.
If you have any questions regarding donation buttons and their usefulness, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’d love to connect with you.