We have all heard it many times on how the power is in THE LIST. The List refers to the individuals that have subscribed to your eNewsletter campaign. The eNewsletter campaign is one of the easiest and best ways to stay in front of your audience.
When you are consistent in sending out messages to your audience, they will remember you when they need your service, or one of their colleagues needs a referral. That is definitely a good thing. One of the challenges with the eNewsletter list though is actually getting people to sign up for it. My clients routinely ask me how to build your email list using Facebook. Because there are several tried and true ways to build your email list that most of us small business owners have heard of and may be currently employing, my suggestion is always to take those methods and apply them to Facebook.
Some of the non Facebook ways that small business owners build their list is:
1. Offering a free gift such as a report, audio or video in a digital download after someone signs up for your eNewsletter on your website.
2. When running a table or booth at an event have a box to collect business cards for a drawing of some sort, with the statement or understanding that they will be added to your eNewsletter list.
3. Giving a presentation and collecting business cards with the expectation that they will be added to your eNewsletter list.
By collecting these names and adding them to your list, it helps people remember you and allows you to maintain a relationship with them.
Another great way to make new friends and network for your business is through Facebook, both your personal profile and your business fan page. I always like to compare Facebook to a globally attended 24/7 networking location. Why not employ the same techniques as you do in the LIVE world to the Facebook world?
1. Directly on Facebook, add an opt-in form and offer your free gift in digital download, just like you do on your website.
2. Think of your Facebook Fan Page just like you would a business booth at a live event. This is a great place to start collecting this information. Make a post to your fans and let them know about the great gift you have to offer. This can be done several times a week and can be used for a free session, a free report, whatever brings your fans closer to becoming a customer.
3. Host a free teleseminar and create an event through Facebook. Have your guests register for the event and sign up for your eNewsletter at the same time.
Building your Facebook Fan Base is really important, but building your eNewsletter list ensures that no matter what happens to Facebook, you still have all the contact information of the people who love you and want to hear from you!