One of the ways you can turn your website into a client attraction magnet is to put extra emphasis on your About Page.
What is the real purpose of your about page?
Since it’s called the “About” page, you might think a visitor clicks through to learn more about… YOU. That is the case, to some extent, but it’s not the real reason they’re compelled to click.
A visitor reads your About page to learn more about what you can do for them.
Tip 1: Navigation
Call the navigation tab on your About page, what it is About. However, your About page’s headline should compel visitors to read further.
Tip 2: Elements to Incorporate
- Be Transparent: Share your interests, income sources, objectives etc.
- Be Engaging: Add a bit of humor, personality and emotion.
- Highlight Key Links: An About page has the ability to propel your readers deep within your website to your key content.
Let Your Personality Shine
- Be friendly. Be enthusiastic. Be exactly who you are.
Tip 3: Tell a Compelling Story
Stories are instantly engaging. They compel your visitor to keep reading so they can find out what happens next. Just like a gripping novel, the story on your About page has the power to keep your visitors engaged and wanting to know more.
For your story to work, it must resonate with your ideal client. They need to either see themselves in your story, or see possibilities for themselves.
Tip 4: Use Pictures
Think about the image you want to convey to your reader.
Remember, they’re probably a stranger to you when they first see your About page, so you want to be sure the photos you choose make the right first impression.
Tip 5: Consider Video
Pictures may tell your story at a glance, but video has the power to turn your visitor into a raving fan.
- Creates an instant connection.
- Makes readers feel as if they’ve met you in person.
- Clearly conveys tone of voice and body language – something even the greatest writers can’t do.
- Is interactive and engaging in a way text just isn’t capable of.
- Solidifies your “”
A good About page video is:
- Short – two to three minutes is ideal.
- Relevant – Remember it’s not about you, but about how you can help your listener.
- Entertaining – Be sure to let your personality shine.
Have you found a tip or an idea that will make your About Page more compelling? I would love to hear about it and share!
Please use the comment section below to share your ideas.